There was a time when I used to make only one or two curries for our meals. But since few months, I have been making atleast 3 to 4 curries because my son is a huge fan of vegetables (touchwood 🤞). He loves seeing different colours on his plate and enjoys eating them too. 😍
Here is him holding his share of all three curries as soon as I make them. He eats them as it is at first even without rice. 😀
He’s only three years old and I hope this love for vegetables lasts always. In this plate, my daughter’s favorite is the broccoli stir fry. When I make it, she eats her matta rice gruel only with broccoli. It is super easy to make but tastes really delicious. ❤️
The rest two curries are simple Konkani style accompaniments which are also very healthy. Will share the recipes below. We eat these curries with matta rice gruel but if you make normal rice, you can add a rasam/ dal/ sambar to the meal. Makes for a wholesome, healthy and yummy meal. ❤️
Hope you all like this idea of mine to share healthy meal plans. I know how difficult it is to decide for meals each day and my aim is to make it easier for all of you. Happy and healthy cooking! ❤️
Snake gourd Upkari | Poddale Upkari
1. Soak about 2 Tbsp of Chana dal in water for about 20 mins or till needed.
2. Scrape the skin of the snake gourd, remove core and finely chop the snake gourd. Keep aside.
3. Heat 1 Tbsp coconut oil in a pan, add 1 tsp mustard seeds, a sprig of curry leaves and a pinch of hing. Allow mustard seeds to splutter.
4. Add 3 finely chopped green chillies and soaked Chana dal along with chopped snake gourd and salt. Mix well. Cover and cook on medium flame till the snake gourd turns soft. Add very little water only if needed.
5. Garnish with freshly grated coconut. Mix well and remove from flame.
You can check the recipe for Snake gourd spicy dosa which I make with the core of the snake gourd.
1. For Broccoli stir fry, take bite size broccoli florets in a bowl and wash it well. Drain and keep it ready.
2. Heat oil in a pan and add the broccoli florets. Also add salt and pepper. Fry on high flame for few seconds. Cover and cook on medium flame till the florets turn soft. Sprinkle water only if needed. You are done!
You can also check the recipe of Vegetable Paneer Chilly where I add Broccoli too and my kids love it a lot.
You can check the recipe for Carrot Kismuri here – Carrot Kismuri recipe