We don’t buy carbonated drinks since many years now. During summer months, we prefer our age old drink Paanak or Jaggery Lemonade and other fruit juices. My husband loves mix matching fruits while making juices and I love his combinations.
This juice and the name too is my husband’s idea. Instead of making mango milkshake always, he suggested I add orange juice to mangoes. I was like what are you thinking?? He then compelled me to try it once and hence Mango Tangy was invented.
The citrusy flavour of oranges takes the sweetness of mangoes to another level altogether. I love how this juice needs no refined sugar at all.
Hope you all love it too. Happy and healthy cooking!
1 Cup Mango pieces
1/2 Cup freshly squeezed Orange juice
Step by step recipe:
1. Take Mango pieces in a jar or blender.
2. Add orange juice in the jar or blender.
3. Blend till smooth without adding water. I used my hand blender. You can use the regular mixer or juicer.
4. Chill and drink or drink as it is. We enjoy it freshly blended.
* The ratio of mango to orange is as per taste. I usually do it 1 : 0.5 cups of mango : orange. It tastes delicious with the tangy flavours of Orange enhancing the sweetness of mango.
* This recipe is specially useful when the mango is not as sweet as you would like it and the easiest way to use it up would be to make this juice.
* I don’t add water at all while making this juice. Orange juice thins it down very well.
* I don’t add sugar too. Since the orange juice enhances the sweetness of mango, the juice is sweet enough for us.