I love desserts that are easy to make and get ready quickly. After Easy Mango mousse, here is another super easy dessert which tastes so delicious that you will keep licking till the last drop.
It hardly takes 30 mins to make and involves no hard work. Just mix and refrigerate. You are done! Also it looks very beautiful.
Here’s sharing the step by step recipe. Hope you all make and enjoy it as much as we do. Happy cooking!
Ingredients: ( Makes around 4 servings)
For the biscuit base:
100 grams Digestive biscuits (you can also use milk bikis)
2 Tbsp melted butter
For the cheesecake layer:
225 grams Cream cheese ( I use Puck or Kiri brand)
1 tin sweetened condensed milk (397 grams)
1/3 Cup Lemon juice
For the chocolate layer:
1 Cup full fat milk
1/4 Cup Sugar
2 Tbsp Cocoa powder
1 tsp Vanilla essence
Step by step recipe:
1. Take the biscuits and powder it either in a mixer or put it in a ziplock like this and crush it using a chapati roller.
2. Take it in a bowl and add melted butter.
3. Mix well and add into individual glasses or bowls as shown.
4. Refrigerate the glasses for 10 mins so that they set.
5. Now take cream cheese at room temperature. Whisk it well for a minute so that it turns creamy.
6. Now add sweetened condensed milk and whisk again till they blend well.
7. Add lemon juice and whisk again till the mixture is combined well.
8. Add into the glasses till three fourth of the rim.
9. For the chocolate layer, combine milk, cocoa powder, sugar and vanilla essence in a non stick pan. Whisk well. Cook on medium flame till it thickens as shown.
Note: In a non stick pan, it thickens very easily compared to steel vessel.
10. Pour into the glasses as shown.
11. Refrigerate for about 4 hours till the layers set well. You can also refrigerate overnight. Done!
* If you don’t have cream cheese, you could try substituting with hung curd. Since the texture of both cream cheese and hung curd is same, it will do the work though the cheese flavour might be missing.
* I don’t use the biscuit layer most times as my kids don’t like it. I make only the cheese layer and chocolate layer.
* This cheesecake is very easy to make and hardly takes 30 mins to get things ready.
* The chocolate layer is my frosting for Eggless chocolate banana cake and works very well for this too.
* Garnish with more chocolate shavings if needed. Enjoy!
#Update by my reader Sonali Baindur:
She doubled the measurements that I had given and set the cheesecake in a springform pan for almost 24 hours. It set beautifully and look how perfect it looks.