We love salads with our meal. My kids specially love them. Dinner time is less hassle free when salad is available as they finish off without any fuss. So I make different varieties of salads everyday.
Since we are vegetarians, our protein comes from pulses and beans. So it is important to include them in our diet. And what better way that this salad. Also, love how gorgeous it looks. Mixed beans give a wonderful bite and is an amazing accompaniment to the meal.
I love eating this salad in itself too. Makes for an excellent snack option. Hope you all like this idea. Happy and healthy cooking!
2 Tbsp Kidney beans/ Rajma
2 Tbsp Pigeon peas/ Black eyed beans/Lobia
2 Tbsp White or black Chana/ chickpeas
1 medium sized Onion
1 medium sized Tomato
2 green chillies
1 tsp Chat masala
Salt to taste
2 Tbsp coriander leaves
Juice of half a lemon
Step by step recipe:
1. Wash well and soak the beans for 6 to 8 hours or overnight.
2. Pressure cook it together till it turns soft. Cool and refrigerate. Use when making salad.
Note: Kidney beans and chickpeas take the same time to cook. Pigeon peas cook quickly but still does not mash when cooked along with the other beans.
3. To the cooked mixed beans, add finely chopped onions, tomatoes, green chillies, coriander leaves, chat masala and salt.
4. Squeeze lemon juice, mix well and you are done.
5. Serve freshly made salad with your meal or make this a meal in itself.
* You can also add moong sprouts to this salad.
* I sometimes add cucumber too.
* Green chillies are optional if making for kids. You can add a pinch of black pepper powder instead.
* Serve immediately after mixing onions in it as it will start smelling if kept for long.
* You can soak and cook the beans. Refrigerate and use when required.
4 thoughts on “Mixed bean salad”
Very well described.
Love ur description
Thank you so much!