It’s been more than two months that I have blogged a new recipe (Too long a break, I know!😀). But sometimes you just want to get away from the same schedule of life and do something different. For me, in these two months, I enjoyed a lot with my kids. I made reels with them with funny Instagram filters (did not post them but made it just for fun.. their smiles on seeing them as Tigers and Donkeys were super cute 😍😍), played football with my son, did a lot of drawing and colouring with my daughter, danced like crazy everyday with both the kids and cooked whatever they wished for. ❤️
Since it was my daughter’s vacation, I made it my vacation as well 😅. Had a fun couple of months sleeping till late in the morning and watching my favorite songs on repeat. ❤️
So now that her classes have started with alternate weeks of online and physical classes, I said enough of my break and restarted blogging. What’s better to start than this salad which both my kids love a lot. ❤️
Purple cabbage has this unique flavour and crunch which tastes so good when made as a salad. Usually coleslaw recipes use Mayonnaise but I have substituted it with yogurt to make it vegetarian and of course healthy. Hope you all try and enjoy it. Happy and healthy cooking! ❤️
Special thanks to those who missed me and pinged me to ask why am I not blogging. It was so nice of you all and I appreciate it with all my heart. Loads of love. ❤️
1/2 Cup Purple cabbage, finely chopped
1/2 Cup regular cabbage, finely chopped
1/2 Cup Carrots, peeled and grated
1/2 Cup Capsicum, finely chopped
2 Tbsp thick yogurt (or hung curd)
1 tsp Vinegar (or lemon juice)
Pepper powder to taste
Salt to taste
Step by step recipe:
1. Take the finely chopped cabbages, Capsicum and grated carrots in a mixing bowl.
2. Now add thick yogurt, salt, pepper powder and vinegar. Mix well.
3. You are done. Serve immediately or chilled as it is or as an accompaniment with rice.
* You can also add onions, lettuce or coloured capsicum if you want but I make this way.
* This salad is best consumed the same day when made as when kept in refrigerator and consumed next day makes it taste slightly bitter due to the purple cabbage.
* Make sure to use thick yogurt. If your yogurt or curd is thin, sieve it to remove water content and add to the salad.
* Pepper powder and vinegar are to taste. You can add as much or as less as you desire.
* This salad acts as an excellent sandwich filling. My kids love it a lot. ❤️ I add a little more yogurt to it, a little ketchup and fill in sandwiches.
* You can check : All my Salad recipes