Paneer is the star at my house and we all love paneer very much. But during both my pregnancies, I could bear to even smell it. And right after I delivered, my paneer love is back again. Weird right? 😁
The funniest part is both my kids are huge fan of paneer. So I ask them always, what happened when you were inside me? Why didn’t you like it then? 😂😂 I know I sound crazy 🙈
Anyhow this paneer Hara masala was an experiment with using the same masala that I use for Amma’s Carrot pulao since we love the aromatic masala paste. And it turned out super delicious. So was born paneer “Hara” masala, Hara meaning green in hindi.
Sharing this easy recipe with all you. Happy and healthy cooking!
200 grams Paneer cubes
1/2 Cup thinly sliced Capsicum
1/2 Cup roughly chopped Tomato
1/2 Cup finely chopped Onion
1 tsp Red chilli powder
1/2 tsp Garam masala powder
1 tsp Jeera/ cumin seeds
Salt to taste
1 Tbsp Oil/ Ghee
For the masala paste:
1/2 Cup Coriander leaves
1/4 Cup mint leaves
3 green chillies
3 cloves of Garlic
1/2 inch Ginger
Step by step paste:
1. Add the ingredients mentioned in the masala paste and grind to a smooth paste. Keep it aside.
2. Heat oil in a pan and add Jeera. Add chopped onions and fry till it turns translucent.
3. Add the ground masala paste and cook for few minutes till it turns dry.
3. Now add capsicum and tomatoes and mix well.
4. Now add red chilli powder and garam masala powder. Also add salt.
5. Add paneer cubes. Mix well. Cover and cook for 10 mins on medium flame.
6. Serve hot with rotis or rice.
* You can skip mint leaves if you don’t have.
* If you like a slight crunch of capsicum, don’t cook it completely. If you don’t like it, you can cook till it turns soft or even skip it.
* Paneer can be substituted with mushrooms or cauliflower.