As I write this, I am sitting on our sofa with my son sleeping soundly in my arms, completing his evening nap. I have had many people tell me that it’s not a good habit and I should practice him by putting him down on the bed during nap time so that I can be free then. I usually say “okay, I will try” to them as I know they won’t understand that the peace I get when my son sleeps in my arms 😍 is incomparable to any free time I may get after putting him on the bed. Also, he too naps much better, very peacefully when he sleeps in my arms. ❤️
What I do is, finish all my chores before his nap time and while he sleeps on me, I either chat with Amma or listen to my favorite songs or like I am doing now, blog a new recipe. I feel relaxed then and his nap turns into my rest time too. ❤️
Also, I know this won’t last long as I used to do the same with my daughter too. Now at 6 years, she no longer sleeps next to me while my son who is 2.5 years needs all the cuddles in the world at night too. So I just tell myself to enjoy this bliss of motherhood, the love, the attachment, the “mogu mogu“, his hugs, his caressing, his kisses, his tight embraces while it lasts. ❤️
I just hope that even if he grows, he will still love me the same, if not show it physically but still the affection remain the same. That’s all a mother wants and this motherhood journey has taught that to me. ❤️
Here’s sharing the Oats recipes which I make always to include the super food in our diet. Hope you all try and like it. Happy and healthy cooking!
1. Instant Oats Idlis : This was one of the first recipes that I learned with oats many years back and has been my regular specially when I have not planned ahead or don’t know what to make for breakfast.
Recipe here: Instant Oats Idlis
2. Instant Oats Poha dosa: An instant dosa with oats and poha which goes really well with sambar. My kids love this dosa very much.
Recipe here : Instant Oats Poha dosa
3. Oats and Mixed dal dosas : These dosas come out as delicious as beautiful they are to see. Great way to include protein and nutrients in your dosa.
Recipe here : Oats and Mixed dal dosas
4. Moong sprouts Oats dosa : Yet another healthy dosa combining sprouts and Oats which comes out very tasty. I make this to include sprouts in my kids’ diet who don’t eat sprout as it is.
Recipe here : Moong sprouts Oats dosa
5. Instant Oats Vegetable Bhakri : This is hands down my favorite breakfast with oats. Combining so many veggies and oats, this Bhakri or thick dosa does not even need an accompaniment. Tastes so delicious with butter. Hardly takes time to make the batter and is so filling that it can be a meal in itself too.
Recipe here : Instant Oats Vegetable Bhakri
6. Masala Oats Paratha : This unique and super delicious parathas are a must try. Learnt it from a friend many years back and I make it for a change from regular chapatis. My kids love it a lot and eat more than usual when I make it, making me a happy mommy. 😍
Recipe here : Masala Oats Paratha
7. Dates and Oats Cake : A healthy and yummy cake combining the goodness of dates and Oats. You can never say it has oats in it and trust me, comes out very delicious. One among the most tried cake recipes from my blog after Sugar free Dates Carrot Cake.
Recipe here : Dates and Oats Cake
8. Gluten free Oats Pizza : I usually make whole wheat Vegetable Pizza at home as evening snack for my kids. Apart from that, I have learned to make this Oats pizza which only has oats in the base. Comes out very soft and super tasty too. A must try pizza specially for those looking to bake gluten free pizza at home.
Recipe here – Gluten free Oats Pizza
You can also check my other compilations:
* “No rice” Dosa recipes Compilation
* Easy to make, ready in 15 mins Healthy sweet recipes compilation
* Healthy cakes and cookies compilation
11 thoughts on “Oats recipes Compilation | Dosas, idli, cake, paratha and pizza with oats”
So glad to have come across your blog! Your shares about your kids are as enjoyable as your recipes.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you so much. Means a lot to me. ❤️🙏
LikeLiked by 2 people
Loved reading… specially what all you mentioned about kids and motherhood..
I relate, as I too have my two boys a 5 yr and 1.5 year old ☺️😊
LikeLiked by 1 person
Awww so good to know that you have similar age kids too. Happy you like to read my write-ups. Much love to your boys..❤️❤️
LikeLiked by 1 person
Hi, tried thr cake and oats bhakri, came out really well. Thanks for the amazing recipes