I am always on the look out for instant breakfast recipes and even though there are many seasoned breakfast ideas in our Konkani cuisine like rullav, phovu and uslis, I have to make variety dosas or idlis for my kids as they love it. And what better than this instant Sabudana dosa.
Sabudana is used a lot in Konkani and Marathi households especially during fasting or vrat days. Even though we don’t get good Sabudana here, I bring some from India just to make this dosa. I love these dosas just with butter and they make such a filling breakfast.
Thank you Jayashri Baleri for this recipe and Durga Arvind Hegde for requesting this recipe to be put up in this new blog.
1 Cup Sabudana/ Sago
1 Cup Wheat Rava/ Semolina/ Sooji
1/2 Cup grated Coconut
3 green chillies, finely chopped
3 Tbsp finely chopped Coriander leaves
2 tsp Cumin seeds
1 tsp Sugar
Salt to taste
Oil or ghee to cook the dosa
Step by step recipe:
1. Wash the Sabudana well and soak for two hours in enough water to soak it.
Note: I have used mini or small Sabudana. If you have big sized ones, it will need overnight soaking.
2. Now add rava to this.
3. Add cumin seeds, coriander leaves, green chillies, grated coconut, sugar and salt to this.
4. Now mix well adding little water to make a thick batter.
5. Heat a dosa pan and pour a ladle full of the batter to the pan. Spread it into a circle as shown.
6. Cover and cook on medium flame till top portion looks cooked. Add oil or ghee while cooking.
7. Flip and cook for a minute.
8. Serve hot with butter or chutney of your choice.
* If you don’t have Sabudana, just make plain thick rava dosa adding the rest of the ingredients. We call it rava bhakri in Konkani.
* This dosa is crisp on the outside and soft inside.