Ever since I uploaded the Instant Poha Idli recipe, I have been getting messages about the ingredient Rice rava or Idli Rava which is not readily available everywhere now. So I decided to share yet another instant idli recipe which I make on a weekly basis with normal rava and oats. It turns out delicious and my kids love it.
RECIPE: (Learned from Shobana Rao of Cooking with Shobana)
1 Cup Sooji Rava/ regular upma rava/ Semolina
1 Cup Instant Oats
1 Cup Curd/ Yogurt
Salt to taste
A pinch of pepper powder (optional)
1 sachet of Eno fruit salt (or 1 tsp)
Step by step recipe:
1. Take Sooji Rava in a bowl.
2. Add instant Oats, curd and salt.
3. Mix well adding little water as needed. Don’t make the batter thin nor very thick.
4. Now add eno fruit salt and mix once.
5. Pour into idli molds and steam immediately for 20 mins.
6. Serve hot with chutney of your choice.
* Use only instant Oats for this recipe and not rolled oats. No need to powder oats for this recipe. If using rolled oats, powder it before using.
* 1 tsp Eno fruit salt can be substituted with 1/2 tsp Baking soda and 1/2 tsp Lemon juice.
* Also no need to roast the sooji. Mix everything and you are done.
* I don’t add pepper powder ever since I started making for my kids. You can skip it for plain oats Idlis.
* I have served it with Pudina lehsun chutney.
* Here is the compilation of all my Oats recipes – Oats recipes Compilation.